Debbie’s Fall Picks

Bulwark Original Craft Cider


Bulwark Cider is produced in Nova Scotia from apples sourced from the Annapolis Valley. This is a traditional style of cider that is dry, crisp and refreshing. It starts dry and moves to mineral and floral aromas and flavours. The finish is both nutty and floral. Cider is a great substitute for sparkling wine and champagne.

Food Pairings

Cider pairs well with cheddar cheese, pork chops, roasted vegetables and with most ingredients you would cook apples in.


Apple Cider Margaritas: Debbie’s Cocktail Recipe

The sugar, acid and complexity developed during fermentation make ciders a great accent to cocktails.

INGREDIENTS

  • 3oz Bulwark Cider
  • 1oz Tequila
  • 1oz Orange Liquor
  • 1 Lime
  • Pinch of Brown Sugar
  • 2 Apple Slices & Cinnamon Sugar for garnish

DIRECTIONS

  • Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on a shallow plate
  • Dip edge of glass into cider and dip into sugar mixture to rim glass
  • Add all the ingredients to cocktail shaker
  • Shake well and pour into a glass filled with ice Garnish with apple slices

Columbia Crest H3 Chardonnay


This Washington State wine is produced using 99% Chardonnay and 1% Riesling. 60% of the juice was fermented in new French and American oak.The other 40% was fermented in stainless steel to retain minerality and fruit forward characters.

The wine is medium bodied with aromas of spiced pear and apples. Hints of toasted oak, pineapple and grapefruit lead to a lengthy creamy finish.

Food Pairings

Seafood Chowder, Pan Seared Scallops or Roasted Pork. The H3 Chardonnay is perfect for serving with rich tasting courses especially with creamy based sauces. A great pairing with dishes featuring hollandaise sauce.


Plantation 20th Anniversary Rum


This Barbados spirit made with a selected blend of aged rum (12-20yrs) is matured in small French oak casks for 12-18 months.

This double aging gives the rum an incredible round and creamy mouth feel. The nose displays notes of sugar cane, oaky vanilla and toasted coconut. The palate features notes of cocoa, candied orange and cigar box.

Plantation 20th Anniversary Rum is great sipping rum for catching up with friends during the cooler fall months.

Food Pairings

Dark Chocolate and BBQ Ribs.


The Tres Palmas: Debbie’s Cocktail Recipe

INGREDIENTS

  • 2oz of Plantation Rum
  • 1oz Lime Juice
  • 1oz Simple Syrup
  • Muddled Blueberries or Strawberries
  • Soda

DIRECTIONS

  • Add first 4 ingredients to a cocktail shaker
  • Shake Vigorously
  • Pour into iced filled glass
  • Top with soda and Garnish with blueberries or Strawberries.