A light and refreshing beverage like Strongbow Cider perfectly balances the sweetness of the baked apples in the crumble and the spices of the recipe pairs well with the ciders faint wood flavor.
- ¾ cup (180g) all purpose flour
- ¼ cup (60g) brown sugar
- 1 tsp. (5g) Kosher salt
- ¾ cups sugar
- 8 tbsp. (1 stick) butter, cut into small cubes and chilled
- 1 cup (240g) rolled oats
- 1.5 kg apples, peeled, cored and cut into 2 cm pieces
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) lemon juice
- 1 tsp. (5g) ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. (3g) ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl mix flour, brown sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Work in the cold butter with your hands until a coarse mixture is formed.
- Add the oats and gently work them in until large clumps form. Place in freezer to chill.
- In another bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and the rest of the sugar.
- Transfer to a baking dish, top with the crumble and bake for 60-70 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
©2015-2016 Molson Coors Canada. For more Beer & Food pairings visit www.brewsandbites.ca