Cilantro and Lime Guacamole
Makes 2 cups, serves 4
- 3 avocados, halved, pitted and pulp scooped out.
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lime wedges and cilantro leaves to garnish.
- Place avocado and lime juice and zest in a large bowl. Using a potato masher, mash until only small chunks remain.
- Add the cumin, cayenne, onions, cilantro, and garlic.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour and then serve with tortilla chips.