Classic Lobster Rolls with Homemade Lemon Mayo
- 4 split-top white rolls
- 2 lb cooked lobster meat (from 7 or 8 lobsters)
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 4 leaves lettuce (romaine, butter or leaf lettuce are all great!)
- For the mayo:
- 1 egg at room temperature
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- Make the mayo: combine the egg, Dijon and a pinch of salt in the bowl of a food processor and blend until foamy and pale. Add oil, a few drops at a time, then the rest in a slow steady stream until it is fully incorporated. Add lemon juice and zest and blend again, then stir in chives and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the lobster rolls, combine the lobster meat and mayonnaise in a medium bowl and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Preheat a heavy-bottom skillet over medium heat. Spread the sides of each bun with butter and then toast on each side in the pan until golden brown and crispy. Remove from heat, add a piece of lettuce to each bun, then fill with lobster mixture. Enjoy right away!
Pairs well with:
Jacob’s Creek Reserva Adelaide Hills Chardonnay