Makes 4 Falafel Burgers.
- For the Falafel Patties:
- 1 can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tsp each cumin and coriander
- ½ cup parsley leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small red onion, minced
- ½ tsp each salt and pepper
- For the toppings:
- sliced radishes
- sliced cucumbers
- pickled turnip
- Maroun’s garlic paste from Cedar’s Eatery
- 4 sesame buns, cut sides brushed with olive oil
- Combine all the patty ingredients in a medium bowl. Use a potato masher or pastry cutter to mash up the chickpeas, until a rough paste is formed. Form the mixture into 4 patties about ¾ inch thick and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat one side of your grill at 450F for at least 10 minutes. Place the patties on the hot grill and cook for 5 minutes on one side, then flip and cook another 4 minutes, then remove to a cooler side of the grill.
- Reduce heat to 350F and grill buns until golden brown and crispy. Build your burgers as desired and enjoy!