Grandma’s Pumpkin & Walnut Pie
- 1 prepared graham cracker pie crust
- 2 cups (500ml) pumpkin puree
- 1 (300ml) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1¼ tsp. (7g) ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. (3g) ground ginger
- ½ tsp. (3g) ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. (3g) Kosher salt
- ¼ cup (60g) packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. (30g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. (30g) butter
- ¾ cup (180g) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin purée, condensed milk, egg, ¾ teaspoon cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Pour batter into the pie crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes and reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the pie is baking, combine brown sugar, flour, and remaining cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Cut in the butter or margarine until the mixture is crumbly and stir in walnuts.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over the pie and bake for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted 2 centimeters from the edge comes out clean.
©2015-2016 Molson Coors Canada. For more Beer & Food pairings visit www.brewsandbites.ca
Pairs well with:
Quinta de la Rosa 10 Year Old Tawny