Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri
- 1 1/2 pounds trimmed flank steak
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 1/2 cups fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Preheat grill to 450F.
- Pat steak dry. Stir together 1 teaspoon salt, cumin, coriander, and pepper in a small bowl and rub mixture onto both sides of steak. Grill steak 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes.
- While the steak is cooking, make the chimichurri. In the bowl of a food processor, add the garlic, cilantro, parsley, vinegar, oil, cayenne, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, then pulse until herbs are finely chopped and a smooth sauce is formed.
- Slice the steak thinly (about ¼ inch) and serve with the sauce.