Grilled Marinated Vegetables with Orzo and Basil
- 1 eggplant, halved and sliced into 2 cm rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into 2 cm strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into 2 cm strips
- 1 zucchini, halved and sliced into 2 cm rounds
- 1 red onion, peeled, halved and sliced into 2 cm rounds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. (30g) thyme, picked and chopped
- ⅓ cup (85ml) vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 cup (250g) orzo
- 2 lemons, juiced (about ⅓ cup or 85ml)
- ⅓ cup (85ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch of basil, washed and roughly chopped
- Preheat BBQ to high heat. Toss the eggplant, peppers, zucchini and red onion with the garlic, thyme vegetable oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill until softened and lightly charred, about 20 minutes, flipping once.
- Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the orzo for 7-9 minutes, until tender.
- Drain and transfer to the pasta to the mixing bowl, along with the grilled vegetables. Let cool to room temperature, toss with the basil, and serve.
©2015-2016 Molson Coors Canada. For more Beer & Food pairings visit www.brewsandbites.ca
Pairs well with:
Umani Ronchi Podere Montepulciano d’Abruzzo
Robert Mondavi Fume Sauvignon Blanc Napa Valley 2014