Grilled Salmon Burgers with Asian Sesame Slaw
- For the Slaw:
- 1 carrot, julienne
- 1 bell pepper, julienne
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp siracha hot sauce
- Cilantro leaves
- For the Salmon Burgers:
- 4 x 4 – 5 oz tail portions of salmon filet, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 batch slaw
- Hellman’s mayo mixed with a little lime juice (to taste)
- 4 burger buns, cut sides brushed with canola or olive oil
- To make the slaw, combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat one side of your grill at 450F for at least 10 minutes. Place the seasoned salmon tail filets on the hot grill and cook for 3 minutes on one side, then flip and cook another 2 minutes, then remove to a cooler side of the grill.
- Reduce heat to 350F and grill buns until golden brown and crispy. Build your burgers as desired and enjoy!