Arugula and Mozzarella Panini
- ½ cup (120g) sundried tomatoes packed in oil
- ¼ cup (60g) toasted walnuts
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 8 slices whole-grain bread
- 200g fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (240g) arugula leaves
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, combine sundried tomatoes and walnuts and process with some olive oil and lemon juice until the consistency is spreadable but not too thin. Season with salt and pepper.
- For each sandwich, spread some of the sundried tomato pesto on a slice of bread; lay some mozzarella on top, then arugula and another slice of cheese. Spread more pesto on the other slice of bread and lay it on top of the sandwich. Repeat to make 4 sandwiches.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat, brush one side of the sandwich with olive oil and place the oil side of the sandwich down in the pan.
- Place a smaller heavy pan on the sandwich to press it down and cook for 5 minutes, until the cheese begins to melt and the bread becomes golden brown.
- Brush the untoasted side with olive oil, carefully flip the sandwich and weigh it down again. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Slice each sandwich diagonally and serve warm.
©2015-2016 Molson Coors Canada. For more Beer & Food pairings visit www.brewsandbites.ca