Homemade Pumpkin Gnocchi
- 1 cups pumpkin/squash puree
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil while you prepare the gnocchi.
- Mix the egg yolk into the pumpkin puree. Mix the salt and nutmeg into the flour.
- Mix ¾ of the flour into the pumpkin puree to form a soft dough that is not too sticky to work with.
- Turn onto a floured surface and Knead the dough for one minute, adding more flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- Divide dough into 2 pieces and roll it out into 2 long thin rolls about 1/2 inch thick.
Cut the rolls into 1/2 inch pieces and then dust lightly in flour.
- Cook the gnocchi in boiling water in small batches until it floats to the surface, about 2 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on a greased baking sheet.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add butter. Once it stops foaming, add the cooked gnocchi and cook, stirring every 2 minutes, until golden and lightly crisped.
- Top with freshly grated parmesan and serve immediately.