Honey and Thyme Glazed Carrots
Makes 2 portions.
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a heavy-bottom frying pan over medium heat. Make sure you have a matching tight-fitting lid for the frying pan.
- Add butter, carrots and thyme to the pan and stir to coat evenly with butter.
- Add water to pan and put the lid on tightly. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and continue to cook and let any excess water evaporate.
- Add honey and stir to coat carrots. Cook for another 2 minutes, until carrots are browned and slightly caramelized.