Parmesan & Herb Twists
Makes 12 twists.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Flour your work surface lightly. Lay the sheet of pastry on the counter so that the long side of the rectangle in nearest you. Brush it all over with the beaten egg.
- Sprinkle remaining ingredients in an even layer over the bottom half of the rectangle.
- Fold the top half of the pastry down over the bottom half and press lightly so that they stick together a bit. Use a knife or a pizza cutter to cut into 12 strips.
- Twist the strips and lay flat on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes until crispy and browned.
Pairs well with:
Cono Sur Sparkling Brut