Spiced Turkey and Potato Tourtiere
Makes 1 pie
- Prepared Crust for one double-crust pie
- 2 cups leftover mashed potato
- ½ cup minced yellow onion
- 1/2 tsp sage
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup prepared turkey or chicken stock
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey meat
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat Oven to 400 F. Roll out both pie crusts and line one deep pie pan with one crust.
- Combine mashed potato, stock, onion and spices and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, then fold in turkey
- Top with remaining pie crust, then trim edges and crimp tightly. Cut 3 small holes for steam to escape and decorate as desired. Brush generously with beaten egg.
- Bake 40 -50 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.