Spinach Chorizo Salad
- 1 cup (225g) Mexican chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 1 (110g) medium red onion, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) vegetable oil or olive oil
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) light-flavored vinegar (rice vinegar is very good here)
- 2 tsp. (10g) sugar
- A pinch (1-2g) of salt
- 8 cups (½ kg) spinach
- ½ small (100g) jicama, peeled and cut into ¼ inch cubes
- Cook the chorizo and onion. In a very large skillet, cook the chorizo over medium heat for 4 or 5 minutes until it has rendered a good amount of its fat. Add the onion and continue cooking until the onion has started to soften but is still crunchy, about 5 minutes.
- For the dressing, add the oil, vinegar, sugar and 2 tablespoons water to the skillet (still over medium heat). Mix well, taste and season with a pinch of salt. Pour the warm mixture over the spinach, add the jicama, mix well and serve.
©2015-2016 Molson Coors Canada. For more Beer & Food pairings visit www.brewsandbites.ca