Prince Edward Island Liquor Control Commission CASUAL Liquor Store Clerk
The purpose of this position is to provide reception, merchandising, consultative, and sales transaction fulfillment services in a government-run liquor outlet in a manner which complies with all provincial regulations and internal policies. This position will normally include evening and weekend work.
Duties will include:
- Process transactions via a computerized point-of-sale system in an accurate and timely fashion while providing excellent customer service;
- Maintain positive working relationship with co-workers to ensure a positive team environment is perceived by customers;
- Provide excellent customer service: being patient; attentive; demonstrating excellent product knowledge; using clear communication skills with positive language; having an ability to read customers and being able to react to new or unique customer scenarios; using good time management; having a calming presence, using empathy; and being goal oriented with a willingness to learn;
- Purchase change from safe and maintaining accuracy of cash on-hand at all times;
- Keep work area clean, organized, and safe;
- Sign off register and bank terminal;
- Balance cash to terminal readings;
- Provide assistance in the unload orders and reconcile product received with bills of lading;
- Ensure all product is stored in an organized, safe, and quality-preserving fashion while ensuring easy accessibility for continuous merchandising;
- Place inventory in retail areas as required to maintain adequate levels of inventory in the retail area of the store;
- Assist with ensuring product stock is properly rotated; and
- Assist with the creation and stocking of store displays in accordance with marketing strategies.
- Operate various types of material handling equipment to unload product from transport containers and trucks;
- Monitor retail area for under-aged individuals;
- Monitor retail area for intoxicated individuals;
- Maintain surveillance in retail area for potential problems (e.g. theft, hazards, etc.);
- Perform daily and intermittent cleaning and maintenance tasks;
- Sweep and scrub floors in retail and warehouse area daily;
- Collect garbage in office, retail area, and warehouse daily;
- Continuously present a positive image for PEILCC that complies with all PEILCC dress code requirements;
- Successful completion of Grade 12 or equivalent;
- Recent experience in retail sales (e.g. providing customer service, using a computerize Point-of-Sale terminal, merchandising, etc.), preferably dealing with beverage alcohol;
- Must be physically capable of lifting packaged merchandise weighing up to 20KG for continuous periods of time;
- Must be capable of safely operating various types of material handling equipment;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; and
- Ability to learn and adapt to new procedures quickly and easily.
- Must have very good time management and organizational skills.