Mix up these spring cocktails for your next get-together with friends.
Spiced Rhubarb & Ginger Punch
Makes 6 drinks.
For the Rhubarb syrup:
- In a medium saucepan, combine 2 cup chopped rhubarb, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water.
- Simmer on low heat for 3 minutes, then strain through a fine mesh sieve.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
For the punch:
- 2 bottles non-alcoholic ginger beer
- 8 oz Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
- 1 cup rhubarb simple syrup
- Juice from 1 lime
- Lime wedges and mint to garnish
- Combine everything (except the garnish) in a large pitcher and mix well.
- Pour into ice-filled glasses and garnish with a lime wedge and fresh mint.
Raspberry Peach White Sangria
Makes 8 drinks.
- 1 1/2 cups peeled fresh peach slices (2 large peaches)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 oz Matos Orange Liqueur
- 1 bottle Inniskillin Estate Series Niagara Pinot Grigio, chilled
- 2-3 tbsp simple syrup, if desired.
- Club soda
- In large pitcher, mix peach slices and raspberries. Stir in orange juice, liqueur, wine and simple syrup. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- To serve, divide fruit between glasses, then pour in the wine mixture. Top up with club soda to taste.
Classic Bloody Mary
Makes 1 drink.
- 2 oz tomato juice
- 1 ½ oz Tito’s Homemade Vodka
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Squeeze of fresh lemon
- Coarse salt for rim and celery, cherry tomatoes and lemon for garnish.
- In a tall glass, stir together tomato juice, vodka, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, Worcestershire, hot sauce and lemon.
- Rim another glass with salt, then fill with ice. Pour Bloody Mary mixture into the second glass. Garnish with celery stalk, cherry tomato, and lemon wedge and serve.