Trent’s Valentine’s Day Picks
Charles & Charles Rosé
This Washington State Rosé offers inviting aromas of wild raspberry, watermelon, bright citrus, and a little minerality. On the palate it is lively, fruity, and salty with savoury tart strawberry, citrus, and melon. It finishes with good length and lingering melon notes.
Charles & Charles Rosé is refreshing, savoury and food friendly. It pairs perfectly with light pastas, salads, rice dishes, and goat cheese.
This recipe for Linguine with Mussels would make a delicious pairing:
- 2 lbs mussels
- ½ lb linguine, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 1½ tablespoon garlic, minced
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Melt butter in a large pan.
- Saute onions and garlic, pour in white wine and let boil.
- Add mussels, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir gently and simmer for 4 to 7 minutes.
- Gradually add the linguine while stirring. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese. Serve with garlic bread.
- Share and enjoy!
Upstreet Rhuby Social Strawberry Rhubarb Witbier
This strawberry rhubarb witbier is mildly hopped with a ruby colour and a tart but not sour flavour. This nicely rendered witbier offers hints of strawberry and rhubarb delivering some sweet and tart characteristics but is not “over the top” with non-beer ingredients.
Try pairing this local beer with spicy Thai food for your Valentine’s Day date night.
A unique gin made from plants and berries of the Canadian Tundra. Its particular aroma can be traced to the six rare botanicals (Wild Rosehips, Crowberry, Labrador Tea, Cloud Berry, Arctic Blend and Nordic Juniper) native to the Arctic region. All are hand-picked in the short summer season then infused in the traditional way into an authentic gin with a unique taste. This product is lively, smooth, fresh and floral, delivering distinct and unique flavours.
Mix up a Ungava Signature Cocktail for your Valentine:
- 1.5 oz Ungava Gin
- 2 oz Tonic water
- 1 Grapfruit wedge
- Ice cubes
- Fill an old-fashioned glass with ice , add gin and tonic. Stir well and garnish with grapefruit wedge.