PEI Potato Nacho Bites
Makes 24 nacho bites
- 1 bag Baby PEI Potatoes, boiled & chilled
- 1 lb Bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 each Jalapeno Pepper, seeds removed, minced
- 1 cup Cow’s Applewood Smoked Cheddar, grated
- 1 each Ripe Avocado
- 1 each Lime, zested & juiced
- 1 cup Purity Dairy Sour Cream
- to taste Salt & Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F; line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise; place potato halves onto the baking sheet (cut side facing up).
- Top potatoes with bacon, jalapenos and smoked cheddar cheese.
- Place baking sheet into oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until cheese melts and potatoes are heated through.
- In the meantime, remove skin and pit from avocado and discard.
- Place avocado flesh, lime zest, and juice into a serving bowl; mash until avocado is smooth.
- Fold in sour cream and season with salt & black pepper.
- Remove potatoes from oven and serve hot with avocado dip.