PEI Liquor COVID-19 Update
The following PEI Liquor corporate retail stores are now open to the public with limited access: Oaktree, Montague, Granville Street, O’Leary, and Souris.
During this time these stores will operate from 11:00am – 6:00pm Monday to Saturday and from 10:00am – 11:00am we will open our store to allow seniors and other at-risk customers to shop.
In support of our ongoing commitment to the safety of our staff and customers, we are implementing numerous safety measures, which include the following:
- Outside and inside the store, customers are required to maintain a 2 metre distance from other customers and staff. There will be two security personnel on site responsible to enforcing the social distancing of 2 metres along with security requirements.
- The store will have markings on the floor to ensure the required 2 metre distancing between customers waiting in line is maintained.
- The store will operate on a limited scale. The number of customers allowed in the store will be controlled, with only a fixed number of customers allowed in the store at any one time.
- Customers making multiple product purchases are asked to limit the total value to $250.
- One transaction per customer – orders will not be divided to allow for separate payments at the point of sale.
- Customers will not be permitted to browse in the store. Orders for product will be placed at an area inside the entrance of the store only. A barrier between the customer area and the product area has been constructed to prevent customers from entering the product area.
- After the order is placed, an employee in the product area will prepare the order for the customer and take it to the point of sale. The customer will then proceed to the point of sale to pay for their order.
- At the point of sale area, plexiglass shields have been installed to separate and maintain distance between the employee working on the cash from the customer using the debit machine to pay.
- Pay with debit or credit as much as possible to reduce handling of cash and pack your own reusable bag.
- As part of PEI Liquor’s efforts to keep our customers and staff safe in the current environment, we are unable to accept PEI Liquor gift cards as a payment type at this time.
- After paying, customers are responsible to bag and transport their purchases. With large purchases customers may use any carts located in the store for help transporting to their vehicle then return them when finished. Employees will sanitize carts upon return.
- Sanitizer will be available for customers to use upon entering and exiting the store.
Please be patient with us when you are shopping, and don’t forget to practice social distancing. Also, please do not visit our stores if you are sick, in self-isolation or returning from travel outside of the province of Prince Edward Island.