Baked Eggs with Mushrooms & Gouda
Makes 6 ramekins.
- 2 tbsp butter, divided
- 2 cup button mushrooms, halved
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup grated mild gouda
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400F. Use half the butter to grease the ramekins generously, then place them on a baking sheet.
- Heat remaining butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for about 5 minutes, until browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide mushrooms between ramekins, then crack an egg into each and top with cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until the egg whites have set. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chives.