Makes 6 Servings
- ½ cup salted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 4 oz Old Sam Dark Rum
- Good quality vanilla ice cream for serving
- In a large heavy-bottom skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the sugar dissolves. Add the cream, then stir again to combine.
- Once the mixture comes to a simmer, place the bananas cut side down in the pan. Carefully pour the rum over everything, then use a long BBQ lighter to ignite the alcohol. Stand back and gently shake the pan until the flames burn out.
- Enjoy right away with scoops of vanilla ice cream.