Beer-Brasied Pulled Pork
Makes 10-12 cups pork
- 5 Lb pork shoulder, excess fat trimmed off.
- 1 bottle Gahan Iron Bridge Brown Ale
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker and set to LOW. Let cook for 7-8 hours, turning once halfway through. Meat should be tender and easily pull apart.
- Carefully remove pork from cooker and transfer to a large platter. Skim off any large amounts of grease and discard. Transfer remaining liquid to a medium saucepan and gently simmer over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, until thickened and glossy.
- While sauce is cooking, shred pork using 2 forks. Return to crock pot and stir in sauce. Stir together and set crockpot to WARM setting.
- Serve warm with toasted buns and your favorite slaw recipe.