Blue Cheese, Pear and Walnut Tarts
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- 1 sheet or block of puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
- 6 x ¼ inch slices of whole ripe pear
- ½ cup Isle St Jean Bleu d’Acadie cheese
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Lightly dust your work surface and puff pastry with flour, then roll the
pastry into a rectangle about 15 X 10 inches and cut into six 5-inch squares. Space evenly on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place a slice of pear in the centre of each puff pastry piece, then divide the blue cheese between the tarts and add the walnuts as well. Use a pastry brush to brush the edges with the beaten egg.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through, until pastry is puffed and golden. Drizzle with honey and serve warm or hot from the oven.