Chicken Souvlaki with Lemon and Oregano Skewers
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp dried oregano (or 1 tsp fresh)
- 1 tsp dried dill (or 1 Tbsp fresh)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken thigh, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 6 x 10-12 inch wooden skewers (soaked in water for at least 20 minutes)
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the oil, lemon, herbs, salt and pepper. Add the chicken and mix well to coat the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or up to 24 hours.
- Thread the chicken onto the skewers and preheat your Grill or BBQ to 425F. Brush the grill and rub with a little canola oil to prevent sticking. Grill the chicken skewers for about 6 minutes on each side, until lightly charred and no longer pink in the centre. Serve right away with tzatziki for dipping.