Creamy Roasted Garlic and Cauliflower Soup
- 1 bulb of fresh garlic
- 1 yellow, onion, rough chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 500 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ cup full fat sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1 cup grated mild cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 375F.
- Cut the cauliflower into 1-inch chunks (use the stem too) and break the garlic into individual cloves with the skin still on. Spread the cauliflower, onion and garlic onto the prepared baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and thyme and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool slightly, then peel the garlic and discard the skins.
- Place the cooked veggies in a medium pot, then add the stock, cheese and sour cream. Bring to a bare simmer over low heat and then use a stick blender to puree the soup. Season to taste with salt and pepper and enjoy hot