Fresh Autumn Corn in Cream
Makes 6-8 Servings
- 8 ears of fresh local corn, shucked
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ⅔ cup 18% (coffee) cream, divided
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the corn and cook for 5-6 minutes, until bright yellow and soft. Remove the corn from the pot and let cool slightly.
- Slice the kernels off of the corn and set aside.
- Place the butter, half the corn kernels and half the cream in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Scrape the pureed corn into a 9 x 9 baking dish, then top with the remaining corn and then drizzle the remaining cream overtop. Stir just a couple of times to lightly combine, then sprinkle with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Serve right away, or cover with foil and keep warm for up to 1 hour.