Lemon-Oregano Greek Chicken Burgers
- For the Patties:
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- For the toppings:
- Sliced tomatoes, cucumbers and red onions
- Leaf or iceberg lettuce
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Tzatziki sauce
- 6 sesame seed buns, cut sides brushed with olive oil
- To make the patties, combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl until just barely mixed. Form into 6 x ½ inch patties and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat one side of your grill at 450F for at least 10 minutes. Place the patties on the hot grill and cook for 5 minutes on one side, then flip and cook another 4 minutes, then remove to a cooler side of the grill.
- Reduce heat to 350 F and grill buns until golden brown and crispy. Build your burgers as desired and enjoy!