Mussels and Clams with Fresh Herbs and Cream (GF)
Makes 2 Servings
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, cut into slices
- 2 Tbsp each chopped fresh parsley, tarragon and chives
- 250 ml heavy cream
- 2 lb PEI mussels, cleaned
- 2 lb PEI softshell clams, cleaned
- Heat a heavy-bottom Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the butter, onion, and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until the onion starts to brown.
- Add the white wine and cook another 2-3 minutes, until all the liquid is gone. Add the lemon, cream, fresh herbs and cream, and cook for 10-12 minutes, until the sauce is thickened and reduced by 1/3.
- Add the clams and cook, covered, for 3 minutes. Add the mussels and cook another 3-4 minutes, stirring once, until all the mussels and clams are open. Serve right away with fresh bread. Enjoy!