Makes 8-10 Servings.
- 2 pints assorted cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- 2 cans artichokes, drained and cut into quarters
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 loaf of focaccia or ciabatta, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the dressing by combining all the dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To prepare the salad, toss the bread with the 2 Tbsp oil and spread it onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper and then toast it in the oven under a high broiler for 2-3 minutes, until dark golden and toasted.
- Combine all the remaining salad ingredients in a large serving bowl and then add the dressing and the breadcrumbs and toss to combine. This salad is best if eaten straight away and at room temperature, but if you are preparing it ahead of time, just store the toasted bread, veggies and dressing separately for up to 1 day and then toss it together right before serving.