- 2 tbsp. (30ml) olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp. (30g) dried Italian seasoning blend
- 250g hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 250g ground beef
- 5 cups (1.25L) cups marinara sauce
- 1 package no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1 container (250g) ricotta cheese
- 1 lemon, zested
- ½ cup (10g) parsley, chopped
- 500g mozzarella, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in a large pot over high heat and add garlic, onion, and Italian seasoning.
- Cook until onions begin to soften, about 6 minutes.
- Add sausage and ground beef and cook until brown and cooked through, breaking up with back of spoon, about 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta, lemon zest, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Spread 1 cup of the marinara sauce over bottom of a baking dish.
- Lay noodles over sauce, forming an even layer.
- Spread another cup of sauce over noodles, then ⅓ of ricotta mixture, then 1 cup grated cheese and finally ⅓ of the meat mixture.
- Repeat 2 more times with noodles, sauce, ricotta, grated cheese and meat mixture. Cover with 4 more noodles, then the remainder of the sauce and the final cup of grated cheese
- Bake lasagna for 45 minutes until it bubbles at the edges and the cheese begins to turn golden brown.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
©2015-2016 Molson Coors Canada. For more Beer & Food pairings visit www.brewsandbites.ca