Spinach and Feta Dip
- 2 bunches of spinach, picked and washed
- ¼ cup (65ml) olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup (240g) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup (240g) ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 rounds of pita
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant and just beginning to brown.
- Add the washed spinach to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until the spinach is wilted, then drain into a colander, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Add the feta, ricotta and spinach to a food processor and pulse until smooth and well combined. Season with salt, pepper and the rest of the lemon juice.
- Brush the pita rounds with the rest of the olive oil and toast under the broiler for 1-2 minutes per side until nice and toasted.
- Cut the pita rounds into quarters and serve with the dip.
©2015-2016 Molson Coors Canada. For more Beer & Food pairings visit www.brewsandbites.ca