BLENDED LIME MARGARITA
- Margarita salt, for rimming glasses
- 3 oz Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Sauvignon Blanc, chilled
- 3 freshly squeezed Mexican limones (small limes) or one large domestic lime
- 1 freshly squeezed orange (1/4 cup)
- 1 oz simple syrup (recipe below)
- Dash of damiana liqueur (optional)
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Dip the rim of a margarita glass into water or lime juice and then into coarse margarita salt, if desired. Add several ice cubes to a blender. Add the wine, fruit juices and simple syrup and blend until slushy. Pour into a serving glass, then top with a dash of damiana, if desired. Garnish the glass with a sprig of cilantro and serve. You can also serve this drink over the rocks if you like.
- Boil the sugar and water until the sugar dissolves, then remove from heat and chill. Store the syrup in a sealed container in the refrigerator, where it will keep for several weeks.