This classic cocktail is a classic for good reason. It’s strong, but not too strong. Sweet, but just enough…and most importantly, it’s easy to make!
- 2 oz Johnnie Walker Reserve
- 2 dashes of Angostura Bitters
- 2 tsp simple syrup (bring ½ cup sugar and ½ cup water to a boil and stir to dissolve sugar. Let cool completely before using)
- 1 candied or maraschino cherry
- 1 twist of orange peel
- Fill a whiskey tumbler halfway full with ice.
- Add remaining ingredients except for orange and stir with a swizzle stick.
- Twist orange peel over the glass to release the essential oils and then stir the peel into the drink.