Sparkling Pomegranate Punch
Makes 12 drinks.
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3/4 cup late-harvest white wine, such as late-harvest Riesling, chilled
- Ice cubes, for serving
- 2, 750 mL bottles sparkling wine, chilled
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- In a punch bowl, dissolve the sugar in the pomegranate juice, stirring vigorously.
- Add the sparkling wine and late-harvest white wine, then add the orange slices, diced pineapple and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve the sparkling pomegranate punch over ice cubes.