Spiced Mulled Wine
This slow cooker mulled wine is an easy warm winter cocktail, perfect for entertaining.
Makes 12 servings.
- 2 bottles Shiraz or other fruity, dry red wine
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 star anise pods
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 orange
- Remove the orange peel using a vegetable peeler.
- Cut peel into strips. Squeeze juice from orange and discard seeds and pulp.
- In a 5-quart crock pot, add all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 hours to infuse flavours.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve and return to cleaned crockpot to keep warm.
- Serve in heatproof cups with a cinnamon stick, slice of orange and star anise pod.