Apple and Blue Cheese salad with Honeyed Walnuts
Makes 4-6 Servings
- 1 Cup walnut pieces
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup crumbled Isle St Jean “Bleu D’Acadie” blue cheese
- 2 large MacIntosh Apple, sliced thinly
- 6 cups baby spinach or other greens
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Warm the honey in a microwave-safe bowl, then stir in the cayenne, salt and walnuts. Spread the mixture into an even layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet, then bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Let the nut mixture cool completely on the baking sheet, then crumble into large chunks.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, and honey, then season generously with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Arrange the greens in a bowl or serving platter, then top with apples, blue cheese and candied nuts. Give the dressing another stir, then pour it over the salad. Serve right away!