Blueberry Ale & Lime PEI Mussels
- 2 pounds PEI Mussels
- ½ each Red Onion, sliced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 each Lime, zested and juiced
- ½ bottle Gahan Blueberry Ale
- 1 cup Cucumber, medium dice to taste Salt & Black Pepper
- 4-5 leaves Fresh Basil, chopped
- Place mussels in a colander and rinse under cold running water to remove any dirt or sand; do not submerge.
- In a large pot combine mussels, red onion, garlic, lime zest & juice, and blueberry ale; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high and steam mussels for 5-7 minutes or until all of the mussel shells have opened.
- Mix cucumbers into mussels and season with salt & black pepper. Place mussels and broth into a serving bowl. Discard any unopened shells. Garnish with basil and serve hot. If desired, serve with crusty bread to soak up broth.