Classic Bacon Cheeseburger
Makes 6 Burgers.
- For the Patties:
- 1 lb medium ground beef
- ½ cup minced onion
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp Montreal steak spice
- For the toppings:
- 6 slices of Glasgow Glen Gouda with mustard seeds
- 12 pieces cooked double-smoked bacon
- Your favorite ketchup
- 6 brioche buns or other crusty white rolls
- 1 tbsp warm butter brushed onto the cut side of the bun
- To make the patties, combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl until just barely mixed. Form into 6 x ½ inch patties and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat one side of your grill at 450F for at least 10 minutes. Place the patties on the hot grill and cook for 5 minutes on one side, then flip and cook another 4 minutes. Top with cheese, then remove to a cooler side of the grill.
- Reduce heat to 350F and grill buns until golden brown and crispy. Warm the bacon on the grill while the buns are toasting. Build your burgers as desired and enjoy!