Cow’s Cheddar Biscuits
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 cup grated Cow’s Creamery Cheddar
- 2 cups cold whipping cream
- Milk for brushing the tops
- Pre-heat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Mix to combine, then add in the grated cheese and toss to coat the cheese in the flour mixture.
- Add the cream all at once, then use a fork to barely mix in the cream.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead 2 or 3 times, until the dough forms a loose ball.
- Pat the dough into a round shape about 1 inch thick, then use a 1 ½ inch round cutter to cut 12 biscuits.
- Transfer to the baking sheet and use a pastry brush to brush the tops of the biscuits with milk.
- Bake for 12 minutes, until risen and golden brown all around.