Crispy Chicken Strips
PREP TIME: 30 min
COOK TIME: 12 min
- 1.5 kg chicken tenders
- 1 cup (238ml) buttermilk
- 3 cups (711g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. (5g) cayenne pepper
- 2 to 3 tsp. (10-15g) seasoned salt, such as Lawry’s Seasoned Salt, or spices of your choosing
- Vegetable oil
- Submerge the chicken strips in the buttermilk for 15 to 20 minutes
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cayenne pepper and seasoning salt (or other seasonings if you prefer). Mix this together well. Next, gradually drizzle 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the buttermilk into the flour mixture and stir lightly with a fork as you add it to achieve clumps.
- Heat about 1 inch vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-low to medium heat.
- Remove a few of the buttermilk-soaked chicken strips and place them in the flour mixture, turning them over to coat thoroughly. Place them on a plate. Continue coating the chicken strips until they are all ready to cook.
- When the oil is sufficiently heated, begin cooking the strips a few at a time. Cook them for about a minute and a half or so on each side. When golden and crispy and the chicken is done, remove them to a paper-towel-lined plate. Do not allow them to burn.
©2015-2016 Molson Coors Canada. For more Beer & Food pairings visit www.brewsandbites.ca
Pairs well with: