Grilled Zucchini, Tomato and Halloumi Skewers
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 handful fresh basil, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 x 1 lb green zucchini, cut into rounds
- 1 package halloumi cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 pint ripe cherry tomatoes
- 6 x 10-12 inch wooden skewers (soaked in water for at least 20 minutes)
- Arugula for serving
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oil, basil, garlic, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Add the zucchini, tomatoes and halloumi and toss well to combine.
- Thread the veggies and cheese onto the skewers and preheat your grill or BBQ to 400F. Brush the grill and rub with a little canola oil to prevent sticking. Grill the skewers for about 4 minutes on each side, until lightly charred and no longer pink in the centre. Serve right away on a bed of fresh arugula.