Honey Garlic Wings
- 2 kg chicken wings, cut into drumsticks and flats
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- ¼ cup (65ml) honey
- 4 tbsp. (60g) butter
- 1 tbsp. (15g) all-purpose flour
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. (3g) onion powder
- ¼ cup (65ml) water
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) soy sauce
- 1 tsp. (5ml) Sriracha
- Put enough vegetable oil in a heavy bottomed pot to come about an inch up the pot and place it on a medium-high burner.
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fry the wings for 10-15 minutes, or until parts of the wings begin to turn golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients except flour into a small saucepan and bring to a low boil.
- Add flour and stir vigorously so that the flour dissolves completely.
- Continue to simmer until it reaches the desired thickness and check the seasoning, adding more honey or Sriracha to taste.
- When the wings are cooked, remove them from the oil and toss with the honey garlic sauce in a large bowl.
©2015-2016 Molson Coors Canada. For more Beer & Food pairings visit www.brewsandbites.ca
Pairs well with:
Sleeman Honey Brown Lager