Molten Chocolate Stout Cakes
Makes 2 small cakes.
- 120g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter, very soft
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Guinness or any Stout Beer
- Preheat the oven to 425 F, spray two small (1/2 cup) ceramic ramekins with non-stick spray, and place them on a baking sheet.
- Place the dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring after each, until completely melted.
- In another bowl, whisk together the melted chocolate and butter. Next add the sugar and mix well. Add in the eggs and whisk until combined. Then add pinch of salt, flour, and stout. Whisk until all ingredients are just incorporated.
- Divide the batter between the ramekins. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the center is no longer jiggly. Remove from the oven and run a knife around the inside of the ramekin to loosen the cakes. Let the cakes cool for a minute before carefully turning them out onto plates. Dust with cocoa powder and serve immediately.