Makes 6 servings.
- 1 1/2 cups pitted, brine-cured olives
- 2 anchovy filets
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- Handful parsley leaves
- 3 cloves peeled garlic
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a food processor, combine olives, anchovies, capers, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Pulse 5 or 6 times until coarsely chopped.
- Drizzle in olive oil and pulse a few more times until a chunky paste forms, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve at room temperature with some great bread.