PEI Turkey Meatballs with Spiced Apple Chutney
Makes 2 cups
- 1-2 packages Larkin’s Turkey Meatballs
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 6 each Apples, peeled & diced
- ½ each Yellow Onion, sliced
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 cup Dates, chopped
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- ½ tsp Ground Allspice
- 3 oz Deep Roots Distillery Spiced Apple Liqueur
- 1 each Orange, zested
- ¼ cup Orange Juice
- to taste Salt & Black Pepper
- Heat a medium pot over medium-high heat; add canola oil
- Add the apples and onions and reduce heat to medium-low. Sauté mixture until apples and onions have softened, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar, dates, ginger, allspice, spiced apple liqueur, orange zest, and juice. Bring to a simmer, while scraping the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon and cook until liquid has reduced by half.
- In the meantime, prepare Larkin’s Turkey Meatballs according to package directions; keep warm.
- Season the chutney with salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Remove apple chutney from heat and pour over top warm Larkin’s turkey meatballs. Serve immediately.