Pumpkin Risotto with Aged Gouda
Makes 2 Servings
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup diced pumpkin
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock, warmed
- 2 more Tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup grated aged Glasgow Glen Gouda
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, heat the first 2 Tbsp butter over medium-low heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute for 3 minutes, until the onions are soft.
- Add the rice and stir it well to coat the rice in butter. Cook another minute.
- Add the white wine, then let in absorb into the rice, stirring constantly. Stir in the pumpkin.
- Add the warm stock ¼ cup at a time, stirring constantly. Wait until all the liquid has been absorbed before adding more stock.
- Keep adding more stock until the rice is softened and no longer hard in the middle – about 15 minutes. Stir in the remaining butter, then add the cheese (save a little for the top). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the risotto to your serving bowls, then top with a little more cheese and serve right away!