Debbie’s Halloween Picks
The Baron Samedi Spiced Rum
The Baron Samedi is a stylish and sophisticated Spirit of the Dead with ties to Haitian voodoo culture. The Baron’s spiced rum is a carefully crafted, supernatural spirit, made with high-quality rums from the Caribbean with a dash of Jamaican pot still rum for added depth of flavour.
Deep amber with notes of nutmeg and hazelnut, the Baron Samedi Spiced Rum delivers full-bodied flavour with an incredibly smooth finish worthy of the most notorious of spirits. Summon the Baron at your Halloween get together with a Bloody Hallows Eve Punch.
Bloody Hallows Eve Punch
- 1, 750ml bottle Baron Samedi Spiced Rum
- 1/2, 750ml bottle medium-bodied red wine
- 3/4 cup each triple sec, freshly squeezed lime juice, from 6 limes and simple syrup
- 2 limes and 2 red oranges sliced into thin wheels
- In a large punch bowl or pitcher, combine the rum, red wine, triple sec, lime juice, simple syrup, and lime and orange slices.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving (overnight is better)
- Serve over ice in punch glasses and enjoy.
Gahan Pumpkin Ale
Tis the season for all things pumpkin spiced including Gahan Pumpkin Ale. There’s no disguising the amazing aromas and flavours of the seasonal favourite from the PEI Brewing Company. Gahan Pumpkin Ale is a partially filtered Dunkle-Weizen (dark wheat) style featuring locally grown pumpkins. It opens with aromas of ripe bananas, light spices and roasted pumpkins. Full-bodied with a crisp, clean finish it pairs well with freshly baked pumpkin loaf, pumpkin soup, or vegetarian casserole.
7 Deadly Zins Zinfandel
7 Deadly Zins Zinfandel is a full-bodied and seductive potion for the ghouls and goblins gathered at your haunted house party. Heaps of jammy berry fruit are followed by aromas of leather, oak and spice notes. On the palate, the wine is round and layered showing flavours of dark fruits, currants and toffee through a lingering spice-touched finish.