Asparagus and Goat Cheese Tart
Makes 1 tart. Serves 6-8.
- 1 sheet frozen puff-pastry, thawed
- 1 cup goat’s cheese
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- a sprinkle of sea salt
- 1 ½ lbs asparagus, ends trimmed off
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Roll out the pastry into a 10-by-18-inch rectangle.
- Leaving a 1-inch border, prick the surface of the pastry all over with a fork.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until golden, then remove from oven.
- Crumble the cheese over the pastry. Lay the asparagus on top of the cheese.
- Brush with the oil and sprinkle with the zest, salt, and pepper.
- Bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool before serving.