Fresh Tomatoes and Basil Spaghetti
- 500g dried spaghetti
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 red chili, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup basil leaves, roughly torn
- ½ cup (120g) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook the spaghetti until tender but firm to the tooth.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, add the olive oil and set over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic and chili to the oil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant, stirring frequently to avoid browning.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for 5-7 minutes until the tomatoes have broken down.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it and add it to the pan along with some of the pasta water and toss to combine.
- Add the basil and half of the Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the pasta and top with the other half of the cheese.
©2015-2016 Molson Coors Canada. For more Beer & Food pairings visit www.brewsandbites.ca